Hello everyone, Rob Raskin of Las Vegas here, and today I’d like to talk to you about survival skills every child should know. Parents know how terrifying it is to think of being in a TEOTWAWKI situation when there are children involved, but the truth is if there is an attack or a natural disaster, our children will be at risk—and they will need to learn how to be contributors to your family unit.
If you’re a prepper parent, make sure your children possess the following skills:
- Recognizing edible plants
- Hunting for, cleaning, and preparing wild game
- Building a fire and basic fire safety
- Firearms safety
- Growing plants from seeds
- Cooking on an open fire
- First aid and hygiene
- Filtering and boiling water
- Identifying water sources that are safe
- Building a shelter
- Opening a can without a can opener
- Effective hiding and camouflage
- Basic self-defense
- Tree climbing
- Map and compass reading
- Weapons making
- How to use the sun and stars as a compass
- Mending tents, garments, etc.
More than anything else, your child’s attitude is the key to a family unit that functions effectively in times of crisis Make sure your child understands that they are a contributing member of society and their work is as needed and appreciated as anyone else’s. Instill good morals in your children that will carry them through adversity and help them to make the world a better place going forward.