Hello everyone, Rob Raskin of Las Vegas here again, and today I’d like to discuss the threat of EMP attacks and what preppers can do about it. Kim Jong Un has not kept his word, and North Korea has threatened an EMP attack in the past. An EMP attack would devastate the electrical grid, and depending on its strength it could cost millions of lives. Make sure you and your loved ones aren’t included with the casualties by taking steps now—before it’s too late!
What Would Happen During an EMP Attack?
- People would be trapped anywhere you needed electricity to get out of. Think elevators, subways, and anywhere else you’d depend on automated doors or security.
- Hospitals would not be able to do their jobs and there’d be no life support.
- Nearly all communication as we know it would cease, including phones and internet.
- Water treatment plants would no longer function, so no more clean water.
- There would be panic and disorder in the streets, putting everyone in danger.
If your car doesn’t work, your phone doesn’t work, and planes are falling out of the sky, it may be the result of an EMP attack. Are you worried about an EMP attack in the future? Many of us are, but luckily there are steps we can take TODAY that will help you to prepare.
Return to Your Home Immediately
This is not the time to stay at the office wasting time trying to get your computer or phone to restart. The first few hours after an EMP attack will be make or break, and time will be of the essence.
Use Your Cash While You Can
Think your cash will hold its value for long after the electrical grid has collapsed? Think again. Use cash to get as many essential supplies as you can, while you still can.
Fill Every Receptacle You Can with Water
Sinks, tubs, buckets—everything! You’ll never regret having enough water on-hand, and if you don’t you may not live long enough to regret for too long anyway.
Make a Security Plan
If you are in a neighborhood, you’ll also want to meet with your neighbors to organize. You’ll want to consider issues like safety, rationing food, and possibly securing the community.
You can never be too prepared, so remember, do your homework today for a better tomorrow!