Hello everyone! Robert Raskin of Las Vegas here, and today I’d like to talk about the many different kinds of unconventional and all-natural disinfectants that are available to survivalists and homesteaders. You never know when you might need to disinfect a surface, a utensil, or a wound or infection, so it’s best to be prepared and have some sort of disinfectant agent on-hand.
Keep These Disinfectants On Hand
- Manuka honey, especially non-pasteurized—you can count on this anti-infection remedy to promote healthy healing. In fact, humans have been relying on its healing properties for centuries, and possibly even longer.
- Epsom salt soaks—Magnesium sulfate is not technically a disinfectant, but it can be used to dehydrate an area, to draw out infection, and to treat skin irritations and conditions.
- Dakins Solution—This is an old stand-by that is easy to use if you have household bleach on hand. To make this solution, use between 0.25% and 0.5% bleach mixed with sterilized water. This treatment is really effective for flushing debris from wounds
- Aloe Vera—If you’ve ever had a sunburn, chances are you are already familiar with this plant’s curative properties, but did you know it is also a natural disinfectant and antiseptic agent? This is a great plant to have around, and you can also use it as an antifungal and an antiviral.
- Silver—Many people don’t know that millennia ago people dropped silver coins in water to prevent the growth of bacteria. If you have invested in precious metals, you may want to keep this one in mind!
Visit me, Robert Raskin, here again at CATS2010 next time, and if you have any more ideas for natural disinfectants, please leave them in the comments!
7 techniques to disinfect your drinking water.
Learn more about solar disinfection.
Want to meet real Patriots for uncensored, Liberal-free talk? Join me, Rob Raskin, at ProAmericaOnly.org. I started PAO so real American Patriots would have a place where their voices can be heard, without the censorship and banning we experience on other sites. We’re social media that puts America first, and we support President Trump!